About the Journal
Focus and Scope
HJUOZ is a peer-reviewed journal publishing original research and review articles in the aspects related to Humanities and Social Sciences to ensure rapid and wide dissemination of the results of scientific researches that could trigger the advancement of above disciplines to serve various aspects of social sciences. It is an international, multi disciplinary, peer-reviewed, double-blind and open-access journal with quaternary frequency. HJUOZ aims to cover broader scientific research activities in the following fields (but not limited):
- Philosophy and Islamic studies,
- Management and economy,
- Law and Politics.
✅ Open Submissions; ✅ Indexed; ✅ Peer Reviewed; ✅ double-blind
Peer Review Process
- All manuscripts submitted for publication in HJOUZ are strictly and thoroughly peer-reviewed. The review process is double blind. If the manuscript is accepted for full review, it will be reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers.
- Submitted manuscripts will undergo an initial check including a Plagiarism Check in the Editorial Office. Turnitin software is used for checking plagiarism. As well as, any manuscript that exceeds the limit of 25% similarity will not process for further stages. An Editor together with the Editorial Office takes charge of the peer-review process. It starts with a preliminary review by the Editor (finished no more than 5 working days after manuscript submission).
- After a manuscript is accepted for full review, the Editor will send the manuscript to at least two reviews after they accept to review the manuscript and register with the HJUOZ system as a reviewer. After passing 2 – 4 weeks, the Editor will collect the reviewers’ comments and prepare a decision letter based on the comments of the reviewers. The decision letter will be sent to the Corresponding Author to request an adequate action. In addition, the Authors will see the reviewers’ comments and the decision letter in their account page at the HJUOZ system. In the case of the acceptance, the author will be asked to format the manuscript according to HJUOZ template before it goes into typesetting and proofreading with the publisher. The author will receive the paper in PDF produced by HJUOZ for checking before it is published online. In briefly, the Review Process at HJUOZ and details of the submitted manuscript are stated below.
- Preliminary review
- decision: accepted for review or
- decision: pre-rejected
- reviewer selection
- writing the decision letter including
- comments from reviewers
- Editor's comments
- Editor's decision about the next status of the manuscript:
- decision: accepted or
- decision: to be resubmitted or
- decision: to be revised or
- decision: rejected.
HJUOZ first started publication with 2 times per year. However, due to the intensity of the ِAuthors' demand and the frequent submission, the HUOZ increase the frequency of the publication. It is published 3 times per year since 2016. Accepted papers are published online ahead of print.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Humanities Journal of University of Zakho (HJUOZ) has been first published in December 2013.