About the Journal
Focus and Scope
HJUOZ is an official academic journal sponsored by the University of Zakho with printed ISSN ( 2664-4673 ) and Electronic ISSN ( 2664-4681 ) and DOI: https://doi.org/10.26436/hjuoz. It is an international, peer-reviewed, double-blind and open-access journal. It aims at publishing original research and review articles in English, Kurdish, Arabic, Persian and Turkish languages in the aspects related to Humanities and Social Sciences to ensure rapid and wide dissemination of the knowledege, theory or methodology that could trigger the advancement various aspects of social sciences. HJUOZ aims to cover broader scientific research activities in the following fields:
- Philosophy and Islamic studies,
- Management and economy,
- Law and Politics.
The Humanities Journal of University of Zakho is indexed/abstracted in the following indexing agencies:
The Humanities Journal of University of Zakho is a member at:
✅ Open Submissions; ✅ Indexed; ✅ Peer Reviewed; ✅ double-blind
Peer Review Process
- All manuscripts submitted for publication in HJOUZ are strictly and thoroughly peer-reviewed. The review process is double blind. If the manuscript is accepted for full review, it will be reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers.
- Submitted manuscripts will undergo an initial check including a Plagiarism Check in the Editorial Office. Turnitin software is used for checking plagiarism. As well as, any manuscrip.
- After the manuscript is accepted for full review, the Editor will send the manuscript to at least two reviews after they accept to review the manuscript and register with the HJUOZ system as a reviewer. After passing 2 – 4 weeks, the Editor will collect the reviewers’ comments and prepare a decision letter based on the comments of the reviewers. The decision letter will be sent to the Corresponding Author to request an adequate action. In addition, the Authors will see the reviewers’ comments and the decision letter in their account page at the HJUOZ system. In the case of the acceptance, the author will be asked to format the manuscript according to HJUOZ template before it goes into typesetting and proofreading with the publisher. The author will receive the paper in PDF produced by HJUOZ for checking before it is published online. In brief, the review process at HJUOZ and details of the submitted manuscript are stated below.
- Preliminary review
- reviewer selection
- writing the decision letter including
- What should be considered?
- Before agreeing to review for a journal, Reviewers should take note of the following:
- Let the editor know if your expertise and/or fields of interest cover the topic of the manuscript.
- Decline an invitation to review if there is a conflict of interest with one of the authors. Conflicts of interest may include relationships with academic advisors and/ or advisees, anyone at your current institution, members of your family, or people with whom you have collaborated during the last ten years.
- When declining a review, feel free to provide the contact information of a person who would be qualified to review the manuscript.
- Upon accepting an invitation, you will have two weeks to complete your review. Reviewers that don’t reply on time will be excluded from the Database of Reviewers.
This journal charges the following author fees.
If the paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publication costs. The cost of Article Publication Fee is 150,000 ID (corresponding to 200 USD). However, there is a special discount for international authors depending on the quality of the paper and the geographical location (developing countries).
HJUOZ first started publication with 2 issues per year in 2013. In 2016, after frequent submission to the journal, HJUOZ had become quarterly. Accepted papers are published online ahead of print.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
The publication of an article in the peer-reviewed journal SJUOZ is to support the standard and respected knowledge transfer network. Our publication ethics and publication malpractice statement is mainly based on the Code of Conduct and Best-Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors (Committee on Publication Ethics, 2011) that includes;
- General duties and responsibilities of editors.
- Relations with readers.
- Relations with authors.
- Relations with editors.
- Relations with editorial board members.
- Relations with journal owners and publishers.
- Editorial and peer review processes.
- Protecting individual data.
- Encouraging ethical research (e.g. research involving humans or animals).
- Dealing with possible misconduct.
- Ensuring the integrity of the academic record.
- Intellectual property.
- Encouraging debate.
- Conflicts of interest.
Rigorous peer review is conducted by professional peer reviewers who are experts on the field. In addition, strict ethical standards and policies are enforced to ensure high quality scientific papers are added to the field of interest. Before processing the manuscript to the peer review, all manuscripts are checked for plagiarism, authership credit and data falsification. The similarity rate is checked with Turnitin software. Manuscripts with less than 20% similarity rate are passed to the peer review process.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal charges the following author fees.
If the paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publication costs. The cost of Article Publication Fee is 150,000 ID. However, the publication is free for international authors.
The revenue source of this journal is an insitutional support.
- All advertisements are subject to the approval of the publisher.
- In the event of nonpayment, Publisher reserves the right to hold advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly.
- HJUOZ will not accept advertising for products or services known to be harmful to health.
- Advertisements may not be deceptive or misleading, and must be verifiable.
- Once an advertisement has been deployed online, it will be withdrawn from the journal site at any time if the Editor(s)-in-Chief or Publisher request its removal.