Main Article Content
The aim of this research is to investigate students’ preferences and attitudes toward educational and psychological subjects at the department of psychology at the University of Zakho in (2014-2015). The numbers of participants were 109 and were randomly selected from 1st, 2nd and 3rd stages. To do this, a quantitative method has been used with a questionnaire that consisted of (71) questions. The questions were divided into (31) negative statements and (40) positive statements, and were about six topics (the importance of psychology and its application, cognitive awareness of psychological topics, choosing a career in psychology, topics related to scholars of psychology, topics related to the research of psychology, and teaching staff at the department with methods of teaching). The questionnaire has been piloted and then given to the participants. The data has been analysed using SPSS for the test T for two separate items and test F for one direction, and the results showed the following:
- Availability of statistical difference at an equation level of (0.05) between the attitudes of psychology students and preference towards their educational and psychological subjects and the hypothetical average.
- Unavailability of the statistical difference at an equation level of (0.05) between the two means of participants' and preferences attitudes according to the gender variable.
- Unavailability of statistical difference at an equation level of (0.05) between the two means of participants' preferences attitudes according to the academic stage variable.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License [CC BY-NC-SA 4.0] that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work, with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online.